Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I got the feva...

Yes, I have been struck with baby fever again!! It was so bad yesterday... While I was grocery shopping, I stood and stared at the pregnancy tests wondering if I should buy one or two knowing full well that I am NOT pregnant! I keep telling myself that once we go to Disney it's game on, buuut..... I still have races that I want to do. Shit, an Ironman at that! And, honestly, I would need to get pregnant in late August/early September at the latest to make sure I don't go into the Summer for my due date. I would love to have an April due date, but would need to conceive in like July for that to happen. Since we will be at Disney in October, that is not an option. I guess I could be pregnant in Disney, but I don't want to be. I want to be a kid in the parks and enjoy the food & wine festival that will be going on. I don't want to have to hold back because I'm pregnant. Also, I am really pressing for us to vacation in Europe before kids. If Michael gets this promotion, we might be able to wing it next Summer. A Mediterranean cruise would be superb. In my perfect world, we would do Disney this year, finish my Ironman and then get pregnant in Europe next year. However, I see us getting pregnant sooner than that simply because we are both aching for a baby. The only thing that helps me keep my "perfect world" goal in view is that once the baby comes, everything changes.

Well, that and the fact that my ass will probably double in size when I'm pregnant.

I have come to realize that there are no good times to lose weight. There will always be something going on. Last week was Andrea's bachelorette party, and this week I have the OLOL Gala and Daniel & Andrea's wedding. The next week is Bunco, and the list goes on. The point is that you have to be ready for these things. Even if you have a week where you don't think anything will sabotage you, something WILL come up. So, you have to do your absolute best everyday to prepare for those slip-up nights/events that you can't get out of. And, hey, if for some reason you really don't have anything going on, then you just did yourself an added favor. Look at each day as the day before your cheat day. Sacrifice now for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment