Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 1 - again, kind of.

So, last week was an overall success. I did not make the Fat Boy 5k because I made the mistake of staying out the night before. We had going-away party for one of our providers, and I did not plan to go until my boss called asking me about it. Two beers later, I was easily convinced by some co-workers to hang out downtown. It was fun, and I hadn't done that in a while. However, it cost me precious sleep for the run. I am so proud to say that Michael went on without me and finished the race in about 40 minutes! This was hit first race, and I am so proud of him!!! He wants to do the lakes with me soon - maybe Friday when he's off. :)

This week marks the start of tracking again. Ugh. It's a pain, but see my last Wednesday's post for the reasons why it's a necessity.

Yesterday, I had some bad stomach cramps that I had to fight through in order to finish my workout. Because I am following a plan, I refused to not get it done. I think the reason for my upset tummy was my sodium intake from the weekend. My stomach felt like it was full of gas, and if I could just fart or burp (sorry for sounding gross!), that I would feel so much better. I could even tell when I was working out that my body had extra water stored up. My arms were swelling to the point that I had to move my armband with my iPhone down because it was so uncomfortable. So, while most people stress out about carbs and fat, you should always watch your sodium intake. Too much salt causes you to retain water and is bad for your kidneys.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, we missed you at the run, but i wasn't upset at you and totally understand :) It was funny when Michael told me how you said "Is melody mad at me?" and I laughed like "yeah right!"

    Too much sodium SUCKS, i agree. I'm excited about tracking again too :) It's definitely necessary. it's going to help us so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! LOL!

    Yeah, I can already tell the difference in being more aware again. I'm definitely more careful now that I have to track it. lol

    ReplyDelete