Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 4 - I wanna hit the floor.

I guess it could be worse. My arms were definitely not as sore as I expected them to be today. They are sore, but I was expecting to not be able to lift a pencil after yesterday! lol I know it only hurt so much because I was sore from chest and back.

Instead of Ab Ripper X and back today, Melody and I are going to do cardio and legs. Saturday, we have a 5k, so Thursday and Friday's routines are being switched to make Friday lighter. The last thing you want is to run on extremely sore legs!

I'm pretty proud of myself so far this week. My diet and exercise have been great! Last night, Melody and I made our own personal sized version of Papa Murphy's Herb Chicken Mediterranean pizza. It was phenomenal!! Healthy, too! I listed the recipe below.

Homemade Herb Chicken Mediterranean Pizza
- 1 Whole Wheat Pita (we used the all natural ones from Our Daily Bread)
- 1/2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp Fresh chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Fresh chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup Fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 cup Fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 oz Goat cheese crumbles
- 1 Tbsp Sun dried tomatoes
- 4 oz of diced chicken breast

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the chicken and garlic together until done (season with dried herbs of your choice). Drizzle olive oil on pita and lightly top with half of the shredded mozzarella. Add diced chicken and garlic, then cover with remaining ingredients. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheeses are melted.

Absolutely delish!!

2 comments:

  1. i'm loving reading your blogs! we need to find a better boost for you than dr. pepper and coffee... How about a green tea to sip on throughout the day? Or hot green tea? There is a Yogi green tea called "Green Tea energy" that has ginseng in it. Then of course black tea has caffeine too, do you like chai? Chai tea bags with a little sweetener and a splash of milk would be a good choice too. I LOVE earl grey, have you had that? It's good with a splash of milk too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all tea; I just need an easier way to brew it at work. I might need to invest in one of those things we saw at Teavana for my desk.

    ReplyDelete