Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting Right

I'm not in a blogging mood, but I feel like I should write something. This past weekend was a blur of epic awesomeness. I'm definitely dragging ass this morning, but it was worth it. :)

I tried to use last week to recover from the 1/2 marathon, but still stay active. Melody and I hit up some Spin and Body Pump, and ran the Susan G. Komen 5k on Saturday. I learned that an apple is not good before a race - too much fiber gives you BAD cramps. I also learned that sometimes charity event races are not necessarily designed with athletes in mind (not that I'm an athlete, but I do like to actually run and push myself). Next up, Fat Boy 5k on the 20th. I'm mailing in our registration today, so I hope it's not full!

As much as I bitch about running and working out sometimes, I really do love it. If it didn't hurt and I didn't hate it sometimes, the victory of crossing the finish line or meeting personal records would not feel so good. It really makes all of the sacrifice worth it. All of my thanks to Melody for pushing me outside of my comfort zones. :)

If I start P90x today, that puts Day 90 on June 5th. I know I can do it, but will I? I damn sure am going to try. :)

1 comment:

  1. yes, what an awesome week! and don't forget our exercise in the park! hahaha. P90x starting tonight, huh? i just might do day 1 today. Plyo will have to be replaced for me, running, jump squats, etc.. just no twisting! we'll see how i feel tonight, i was planning on letting myself rest one more day after this crazy long week. SO I'll either start tonight or tomorrow. Good idea! It's definitely a program I'd like to say that I finished, so I might as well get it over with, lol.

    ReplyDelete