Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Well ain't that a bitch!

By the time I got to the gym, I totally forgot that the day was Mardi Gras.  I literally changed in the car while driving because I KNEW that I was going to be so late that I wouldn't get a spot in Spin class.  I run into the gym and ask if there is any room on the list.  I'll be damned!  There is!  Woo-hoo!  I walk in and there is only three people, including the instructor.  Hurmm....Ok?  The other girl in class says that she saw Ambrey (the instructor) yesterday and asked her to hold class today.  Ambrey mentions at the end of class that she didn't go to any parades this year.  *Ding!*  It's a holiday.  There are typically no classes on holidays.  Wow, did I get lucky or what?  I head over to the Body Pump room after juuuust to make sure.  Nope.  No Body Pump class.  So, I head home for some extra time with my two favorite men.

I still had a nice 450 calorie burn, so that made me happy.  Sure, I could have stayed and done some weights on my own, but I really did not want to.  I'm still making this routine a habit.  And, just getting to the gym some days is a victory.  I'll be starting Making the Cut in March (haven't decided if March 1st (on a Thursday) or the following Monday), and will still be running and Spinning in addition.  I am just starting to enjoy going to the gym again - and I sure as hell don't want to ruin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment