Monday, July 16, 2012

Ideal (Protein)

It has been quite a long time since I have blogged here, but I feel that now is as good a time as any to start back up.  Technically, I have three blogs - this one, Ethan's and Melaleuca.  When I have time to blog (and a writing itch), I have to choose which one - usually my Melaleuca one wins.  However, I feel that it is important to get back to the other two.  I have missed documenting so much for Ethan's, and I feel like I would have been doing better on my fitness journey if I had been holding myself more accountable here.

So, here we are.  It's a new day, a new week, and I am more than ready to get my shit right again.  I want my IDEAL body - especially before we get pregnant again.

I started doing Ideal Protein over the weekend.  It is TOUGH, but I have actually been feeling better than ever in the mornings.  Ideal Protein has been around for 25 years, but only in the US for about three years.  It's a ketogenic, or carb-controlled program; but you must also watch your fat content (so, it's not like Atkins).  It is broken down into phases so that you can lose the weight and keep it off.  My younger brother, Byron started it a week ago.  I went with him to his initial consultation, and was very intimidated.  He was going back on Friday, so I decided to see how his first four days went and accompany him back to his 2nd consultation.  He did very well, and I was able to taste a couple of the products (we work together).  On Friday, I decided to take a shot at it.  I purchased a weeks worth of products, and started on Saturday.  I figured that if I could make it through the week (with so many temptations!), I could easily pass through the week.  The first 4-5 days are the hardest, because you are starting to tap into your stored carb reserves.  I made it through the weekend very well!  Even squeezed in two family walks. :)  One interesting thing is that you discouraged from weightlifting in the beginning.  By the second day, on our walk, I could tell why.  Until my body adjusts to the program, I don't plan to do anything more than walks (MAYBE an easy jog).  I figure I should be back to a better exercise routine next week.

As I mentioned, the strangest thing has been my morning energy.  Sunday, I was out of bed before Michael! That never happens! lol  This morning, I was up and fixing him breakfast before he left for work.  When I wake up, I'm ready for the day.  Before Ideal Protein, I would wake up groggy and usually fall back asleep at least once before getting up for the day.

I will try to update at least every other day during the week.  I think that will help me to continue to hold myself more accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment