Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Almost finished with Stage 1

I only have 7 more work-outs (less than 2 weeks) before I have finished Stage 1 of NROLFW. The biggest change I've seen so far from this stage is in my legs. I definitely have more definition and strength there now. It's not a big change, but I realized pretty early on that this particular stage is more of a "set-up for success" for the rest of the program. The exercises are pretty basic and I have found it easy to go up in weight at almost every session. Yesterday was a toughy though - I definitely pushed myself.

Starting next week, I will be incorporating Triathalon training/boot camp with this program. The training will only last 3 weeks, and will end with an actual Triathalon on August 1st. I've been very excited, and then I started reading more info on the site yesterday... I'm still excited, but more nervous about screwing up now! lol It's very easy to get disqualified if you're not completely aware of yourself the entire time. I zone out a lot when I'm on my bike, so I am really hoping that this training will help my concentration! :) This event is going to determine if I start getting into competitive training. I have a lot of things I want to do as far as my health and fitness is concerned, and I feel like I would enjoy it even more if I had competitions and goals to hit along the way.

Michael has made it very clear that he's ready to start trying to have a baby. That makes me very excited, of course. However...I am going to sound selfish here...I just don't think I'm ready to sacrifice my body for that yet. Michael thinks that as long as I continue to be healthy through the pregnancy and not lose my zeal, that I will lose the baby weight in no time. I, on the other hand, also see the other sacrifices my body would have to make - STRETCH MARKS! I have enough as it is, and I have seen other people's and how deep and dark they are. I'm just not ready! I know that once I do get pregnant and have that baby, that everything will have been worth it. However, I am sitting on the other side right now, so it's not worth it! :P

The thing is, I have more that I want to do before a baby comes along. I think next summer would be a good time for us to think about it again. I want to go to Disney World (since Michael hasn't gone yet), and visit Europe before a baby comes. I wouldn't mind being in the early stages of pregnancy in Europe, but I don't want to be full-blown, big, fat pregnant. Of course, if I get pregnant at anytime, I will welcome it. I just don't want to plan it right now, and I will continue to take precautions in the meantime. Michael and I had agreed way back at a certain amount we would need to bring home together before we started a family. We're about 15k/year away from that goal. Our goal was a little steep anyway, so I guess that's why Michael feels we're more than ready. lol I just think that if we have another year from now before that 9 month countdown starts, that when the little bumkin gets here we'll be at our goal and everything would be awesome. :) Of course, nothing ever works out perfectly like you imagine (or so they say)...

No comments:

Post a Comment