Friday, July 10, 2009

Smile.

Last night Michael and I had a playdate for Koopa with Michelle and Jeremy's new dog, Major Moogie. He's a great dane, and less than a year old. They were a little weary of each other at first, but Moogie used to be around small dogs all the time before Jeremy and Michelle adopted him - so it didn't take long. It was kind of like watching Koopa play with Beau all over again. Moogie would put his head down and let Koopa jump on top of him and they'd wrestle around. It was really cute and sweet. I got some pics of it that I will post soon.

Michelle said she would cook dinner, so I figured that I would keep my calories low during the day since I wasn't sure of what she was going to fix. She called and left a message saying something about maybe tacos, or even Hungry-Girl tacos. Still, I remained tame through the day. I did, however, have an intense work-out! I did my NROLFW routine, and then jumped on the eliptical for some HIIT. Then, as I'm walking out the door, Ashley stops me and convinces me to go to her Spin class. I was like, "You can't yell at me! I just worked legs AND did HIIT, so this is like suicide!" lol She still yelled at me. :P

So, anyway... We get to Jeremy and Michelle's, and she is whipping up this insanely good recipe! It was the Philly Cheesesteak Lettuce Cups from the new Hungry-Girl cookbook. Yum! But to make it more filling, she put the recipe in low carb tortillas. OMG. It made my day! Since I had kept my calories so low and had a crazy work-out, I went ahead and had some wine. :) I probably would've had the wine anyway, but it didn't feel as guilty! lol!

It just makes me so happy when my girlfriends are asking for my advice and using the same EASY methods I did to get back in shape. I loaned my original Hungry-Girl cookbook to Leah, and I hope she's using those recipes too. The one Michelle used was out of the 200 Under 200 recipe book. I need to get that one. I was flipping through, and there are a ton of easy recipes I could do for lunch or a light dinner.

The whole night just made me smile. :)

1 comment: