Friday, September 3, 2010

Motivation

So, today I am completing "Day 5" of MTC. I have also started incorporating Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible routines, as well as various cardio work-outs (Spin, stair step, etc). I can definitely feel myself getting back into the groove of things like I used to be (before the Census).

I did receive a little bit of motivation yesterday, too. I was looking back through some old pictures from when I doing New Rules of Lifting for Women last year. At the time, I was frustrated about the lack of movement on the scale. That was also why I stopped the program - I felt like if I wasn't losing pounds then it wasn't worth it. However, looking back, the pictures say it all. I was in the best shape I have ever been at that time. I had definition and I was getting tiny! Why was I such an idiot? Because I was dealing with my girly obsession of the scale. I was obsessed with a number (and will admit that I still am), and lost track of the transformation my body was taking right in front of me! I can't let myself do that again. I know that once I am done with MTC and get back from Disney that I need to start NROLFW again. I will be more aware of keeping my cardio up, but if the scale does not drop I can't get mad. The muscle that I was building made my body look awesome, but it cost me on the weight front.

Seriously. The picture of my lower half at the top of this blog was from after the 2nd stage of New Rules. Ummm...Hello! (<--- to myself). Why was I upset at that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment