Monday, May 3, 2010

...and it's been going straight to my ass!

I'm at least thankful that I have no ballooned up with the disaster of the last few weeks. My healthy lifestyle has taken a backseat to my workload. And, it's not going to get better this week...maybe next week.

I'm aggravated with myself, and my lack of energy. The thing is, I know that if I just make myself get back into my usual gym habits for a few days that I won't need to push myself anymore. I get addicted to the gym very easily, but I also fall out of habit very easily because I tend to lose track when things get busy. The hardest part of getting to the gym is the fact that I have not been able to plan ahead for it. I've been leaving work at random times (later that normal usually) in preparation for this trip to Lafayette to launch our EMR system. By the time I get out of the office, I'm mentally drained and/or don't have my gym bag packed up with me. I've been thinking more and more about switching to Anytime Fitness, just for convenience. They just don't have the classes that I enjoy, and that has been the deal breaker up to now.

I say up to now, because I have a plan for the month of May. There is a Spin Instructor Orientation class on May 22nd (day before my birthday!). If I take that and get a job at Spectrum as a Spin instructor, then I will no longer pay to be a member. If that happens, then I can swing the Anytime membership. I know I've talked about doing this certification in the past, but the thing that motivates me for this time around is that it'd be like my birthday gift to myself and help get my back on track for the summer. It's $300 (after the discount code), so paying that kind of money is enough to motivate me alone! lol I want/need to talk to Ambrey and/or Ashley about it first, and I only have today or Thursday. I will be in Lafayette for Tuesday and Wednesday for sure, so those are out. *sigh*

I need a week of vacation to do absolutely nothing except worry with exercise and eating right! That would be amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment