Monday, May 17, 2010

Movin' on up!

So, I want to take a few minutes to address the tips from my last post in action. For the past week and a half I have taken my own advice, and it has really paid off. I've lost about 3 lbs, and hope to lose another 3 or 4 before my birthday next weekend.

I have not been getting to bed as early as I would like to every night, but I have been getting at least 6 hours. Being more aware of the amount of sleep I am getting has helped me make a better effort at getting the right amount. I feel more rested when I wake up, and I think part of that includes the 15 minutes of meditation I have also been doing. Whether it's with a bubble bath or just laying on the bed, I turn on some soft music and go to my "happy place" for a few minutes every night. That has been a huge stress/tension reliever for me.

I have (almost) completely cut out caffeine. Every morning I fill up my 50oz water bottle, and I make sure to finish it before I leave work. Then, I refill it and try to drink at least half for the rest of the day. If I go to the gym, I finish it and refill again. My body feels much cleaner now and less weighted down. I've had a total of MAYBE 2 Diet Dr. Peppers and only one 8oz cup of coffee in the last week and a half. I have not experienced any headaches from it, and I credit that part to the meditation and sleep I have been getting.

I have also been taking my vitamins religiously. I grab the packet in the morning, and either take them with breakfast or as soon as I get to work. I'll be honest, some of them are not easy to swallow. It's probably the worst part of this new routine, but the results and how I feel have been worth it!

I have also been planning my meals much better. I have either an egg or turkey burger sandwich in the morning for breakfast, protein and skim milk for a snack, then lunch has been random. For dinner, I have been trying recipes from the MYM Cookbook.

Overall, I am very pleased. The changes were not drastic, and I found easy ways to add them to my routine. Most of it is just a matter of planning ahead and being aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment