Friday, May 8, 2009

My battle with the scale..

I'm pretty sure that this ritualistic morning bathroom war with my scale will never end.

Last month I hit my lowest weight so far - 125.4. Maybe I was dehydrated...maybe it was a fluke....or maybe it's the fact that I had several days worth of horrible eating from plans with family and friends immediately afterward, but I have yet to get back down to that weight or lower. I went right back to my 127-128 range. I have been maintaining right there for what feels like forever now. Don't get me wrong; I'm very happy to be at this weight, but I want better. I have the hang of maintaining my weight now. I just want to lose a few more pounds, tone up, and then go back to maintaining. :)

Last night was Girls' Nights at the Melting Pot with some co-workers. Then we hit the Texas Club (yeah, yeah, I know. :P). I made sure to monitor my calories all day so that I only ate around 800-900 calories, plus I rode 7 miles before we went out. I figured that even if I only grazed at the Melting Pot, the alcohol would do me in on calories. So anyway...we had a great time and danced the night away. I get up this morning and weighed in at 126.8. I really, really, REALLY hope this is a break in my plateau. I've been trying to up my calories like Beth told me and net around 1400. It's been hard because I've been so used to eating less, but I'm trying to eat every 2 hours or so to help keep me from getting too full and then not eating the rest of the day because I feel so miserable.

One thing I'm trying to teach myself regarding the scale is that it lies - it really does. Even though I've been maintaining my weight, my body is still changing. I went and spent way too much on my first pair of designer jeans at Buckle the other day (about 2-3 weeks ago). I was so happy to have a ridiculously great fitting pair of jeans, and now they're too big. I mean, I can slip into them comfortably but after about an hour, they stretch a little and become baggy. I assume that boot camp is what has done it since that's the only thing (well, and I've taken up biking too...) I've really done with my work-outs since I bought the damn things. On one hand I'm really happy, but on the other I'm pissed I spent so much and now they can be my "fat jeans". I wasn't very sure on how to figure the sizes out since they're European, but I passed a rack of Lucky jeans yesterday and they had American sizes in their jeans along with the European. So, I guess now I'm a 28 European/6 American. I have come to terms with the fact that I will never slip into a size 2 in jeans since I have such a big ass in proportion to my height. I actually like my big ass and the curves it gives me, though; so I guess it's cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment