Friday, September 11, 2009

Fruit

I love fruit. I love to smell it, buy it, prepare it... The fruit stand is one of my favorite places. However, I have a problem. I love it eat it, but feel guilty when I do. How much sense does that make?! I know in my mind that it's because of the carbs and high sugar content (even though they're natural). Melody gave me this book that details out all of the benefits of different foods, including fruit. I've been pouring over the fruit section trying to break my phobia. I even had it on me to research with while I was at the fruit stand this past weekend to make sure that every fruit I picked up had enough benefits to make it worth the carb count! And, I have made a conscious effort to eat fruit every day this week. I've been having a gala apple in the morning with my normal high-protein breakfast. With lunch I have a small, fresh fruit salad, which consists of pineapple, mango and kiwi. After my workouts, I've had either a gala apple or a nectarine with my Isopure. I have done my best not to think about it. But, when I go to track and see the high carbs, I freak out.

The crazy thing is, my weight hasn't fluctuated at all this week - which I would have taken as a bad sign and blamed the fruit. I actually went down .2 lbs. I guess that isn't much, but every little bit counts since I don't have much more that I want to lose. I have had not one sign to say that I need to cut back on my fruit, but I'm still weird about it. Ugh... I guess I'm just special! lol

1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean.... but i remind myself that the ENTIRE thing came out of the ground or out of a tree. Just like it is, nothing added. Nature made it. Compare that to a string cheese or a 100 calorie "low carb" bar (full of 30 ingredients...) and i'll take the fruit any day :)

    ReplyDelete